Gladly we accept Nobel Prize for Obama.
For nothing he did during his nomination.
Potentially he holds the key for peace -
By not pressing the button to destroy the world with our nuclear weapons,
Or not sending the nuclear carrier to enforce his kingdom,
Or for buying peace with money like no tomorrow.
Practically Deng saved a million from starving every year.
Not a nomination nod for this short guy.
Not destroying is more important than saving life.
Or Black is a better color than Yellow.
Wake up, you idiot committee.
According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who:
|“||during the preceding year [...] shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.||”|
The Norwegians use 'Peace' Prize as a political tool to influence world affairs. Their yardstick is based on a rich country like Norway, so they oppose developing countries like China. The Prize should be given to where the credit is due. Period.
Why China will have more Nobel science winners.
(Some stat from Joe)
* Education. 6 million college grade a year. 1.5 million kids studying aboard. 10 times. US science graduates including science PhDs.
Why China will not have Nobel science winners soon.
* Education stressed on taking tests, not creative thinking (good and bad).
We do not have the space/guidance to do experiment when we're young. The most we did could be a simple radio. As a middle class, we never have to do any house work or use any machine/tool - the most I used is a screw driver once.
* Research facilities and faculties are just enhancing to the world standard.
* Effect of losing a generation of education due to Cultural Revolution is still with us, but hopefully disappears for ever.
Most top scientists are well-rounded and have good guidance from their family. Most are good in music, arts...
* Like Japan, pure research is too costly. Concentrate the effort on commercial products.
* Judging from the age of science recipients, it takes about 15 more years for China's scientists to be in the frontier stage of research.
Interesting but arguable facts.
* Dali Lama is the only one born and educated in China to receive a Nobel prize if he is considered a Chinese citizen.
* The Chinese writer winner is a French citizen and his works are censored in China.
(The above two are most likely political as the committee wants to give prizes to the enemies of China.)
* The current Nobel winner is from Hong Kong. He is not educated for early education in China then and a Chinese citizen by takeover.
* The Chinese winners who are citizens of foreign countries should be counted as 50% Chinese at most - I estimate about 70% of science PhDs in US were born in foreign countries.
* The second generation of Chinese winners who were born in a foreign country should be counted as 25% Chinese - just for the family education from their Chinese parents.