How many social workers does it take to change a light bulb?
1) “The light bulb doesn’t need changing, it’s the system that needs to change.”
2) None. Social workers never change anything.
3) None. They empower it to change itself!
4) None. The light bulb is not burnt out, it’s just differently lit.
5) None. They set up a team to write a paper on coping with darkness.
6) Two. One to change the bulb and another to put your kids into care.
7) Five. One to screw it in, three to form the support group, and one to help with placement.
T: one for Chinese worker; 6 for USA: one does the work, one helper (in case the worker got electricuted), one understudy (in case the worker retires), one for QA, one floor man (the one drinking coffee) and one big boss (sipping beer in the air-conditioned office).